Monday, May 23, 2011

THANK YOU for everything you do!

I heard this today from a little old lady from the community.............she wanted to call me and let me know that she sees me out in the community on a regular basis and sometimes late at night doing my 'probation' work and she just wanted to thank me!  It just so happens that I am perhaps more noticeable then most, by that I mean all my glory and gear (vest, badge, gloves, light, etc), more noticeable is not to be confused with more important! I got to thinking today after this phone call.........there are just a million people out there that do so much on a daily basis to either protect, nurture, heal or provide services for and they are all pretty thank-less jobs! It meant alot that this lady took time out of her day to call and thank me for being in her community and doing my best to help keep her safe..........but all of you that are reading this, do something just as important, I am sure of it! You may have a nice outfit or uniform to do it in, perhaps even a marked car but chances are, you don't.....but you do it anyways and for that .......... THANK YOU! I try to say thank you to everyone that I run into, sometimes I wonder if I say it so much that it makes it less meaningful but the other day when I got Macy her vitamin before bedtime (a rather meaningless task) she said, "Mommy, thanks for getting my vitamin, it means alot."  I knew at that point, she has learned through osmosis that the way to anyone's heart is GRATITUDE! Lessons like this are very difficult to teach anyone, children especially so probably the best way is to do it is through example! So thank you out there to everyone for the day you put in today and if it's a disappointment or you would like a "do over"..........I am sure (eventhough we are never promised tomorrow) you can try your hand at improving tomorrow! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment