Monday, March 7, 2011

Yep, Molly turned 1

I created this blog for the purposes of updating people with our progress with Molly! That's right folks, our baby girl has turned 1 so with that we move from caring bridge..........to a family blog!  Her journey has impacted our life beyond measure and I still have so many people that ask about her on a daily basis so I will keep this up for those of you who are close to our hearts but maybe live far away. You will now have the option to be a fly on our wall.............perhaps just as unpleasant as it sounds at times! In regards to where we are at with Molly:  Today I called to get Molly screened developmentally.  She is behind in some of the things a 1 year old "should" be doing.  Nothing of great concern, nonetheless a hurdle!  We as a family should be able to deal with everything thrown our way by this time..........but Mom face-plants with every new hurdle, really I do!  I used to not be a cryer but now I am more often then not, ugh! In speaking with the developmental therapist though she was amazing, another great person that I have met through this experience! I found a lot of relief in her voice and what she had to say, however, I still find myself upset with the "extra" that Molly is going to have to deal with...........but enough of that, we will deal with all of that when it's time!  Molly had an amazing photo session on her birthday, March 2nd!  March 20th will be her 1 year birthday party.............at Mitch's request we will be celebrating on the anniversary of Molly's "welcome home" party!  She spent 21 days at Cardinal Glennon and each day that passes now seems to go so much faster then they did in the hospital.  March 2nd when I woke up this time was so different, however........still some of the same emotions returned! I was so anxious and nervous that day and couldn't shake it, images and memories kept wanting to flood in and remind me of what i was doing a year ago! I didn't leave Molly out of my sight that day and held her more then normal, which is a lot! Mitch is now 7 and Macy Jane will be 4 in May! Where does time go? Paul and I ventured out this weekend to St. Louis to spend some time with friends and attend Mardi Gras and we had a lot of fun! It was evident though that we have been playing parents for so long we kind of forgot how to act in public............no, we didn't do anything too crazy but it was like we got our social wings back, at least for the night!  It was so nice to go out and let our hair down but we were ready to jump right back into that roll of being parents!  I was told by Macy Jane when I got back that she had more fun with Grandma Jane then she does with me............but that I snuggled better then Grandma Jane! Guess I have to take what I can get!  I will have Macy at the pre school round up in 2 weeks and I'm guessing she will have words for the screener too, we tend to call her sassy sissy at home! Mitch has taken the big brother roll a little too seriously.  I asked him the other day to let mom address the issues with Macy and he said, "Mom, you have enough to worry about, I can handle Queen Curly." WHOA Buddy! Hope you enjoyed your visit, will update again!
Maria

2 comments:

  1. Maria - I can tell I am going to be a fan of your blog - I love your story telling and hearing about the adorable things your kids say and do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria- I agree with the above. You make the everyday of family life humorous and let's face it, as parents you have to have a good sense of humor! I look forward to reading more. Happy Birthday Molly!

    ReplyDelete